Meet Nico Darras, MA
NICO DARRAS' STORY IS UNIQUE BUT RELATABLE
Nico Darras was a high school All-American baseball player and collegiate standout.
While attending the University of Connecticut on a baseball scholarship, Nico Darras majored in Women's Gender and Sexuality Studies.
He was also selected as the sole student-athlete representative to help create a bystander intervention and sexual assault prevention program at the University of Connecticut.
- After a career ending injury just one month before the major league draft, Nico Darras made the decision to attend graduate school at the University of San Diego.
- Nico Darras accepted the Deans scholarship to continue his extensive research on men and masculinities.
- He wrote his master’s thesis on the link between elite male athletes and sexual violence.
- Realizing the necessity for a training program designed by an athlete, specifically for athletes, Nico Darras created AND ME.
- Nico has been recognized as a subject matter expert and recently spoke at the NCAA Inclusion conference on healthy masculinity.
Nico Darras Playing in College
"As a former Division 1 male athlete, I understand the unique challenges that elite male athletes face in the current environment. As an academic and researcher, I am able to answer tough questions and create meaningful dialogue around a uniquely challenging subject.
Too many athletes have committed sexual and gender-based crimes. The time has come to educate men and help them be a part of the solution."